Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Leopard Crashes: Kernel Panic

I woke up this morning to find this lovely screen on my Mac. Actually this was the second screen. I can't take a snapshot of the first screen cuz the whole darn thing is frozen. Yesterday my computer choked maybe four times and this morning makes five. I've never had my Mac crash on me... I'm not using any applications I didn't use with Tiger, so it must have been something with Leopard.

I thought I found some good information on Hoopla! posted by LCO, but my computer crashed after making the suggested changes:
- Try disabling IPv6 in your Airport System Preferences
- In Azureus preferences, expand Connection -> Advanced Networking Settings, and make sure “Prefer IPv6 addresses when both are avail” and “Enable experimental extension…” are UNTICKED.
There's also a good website that has kept tabs on which applications are not compatible with Leopard. This would have been nice to know before I upgraded.

UPDATE: After making the changes LCO mentioned above... I only had one more crash, but it was after I set Azureus back to "Simple" mode or whatever. Once I returned it back to "Advanced", I haven't had any problems again.

UPDATE: Still crashing under Azureus. Transmission isn't any better while running a large torrent. Tomato - I'm not even going to go there.

3 comments:

Kent Matsueda said...

More threads:
KP's in Leopard

Kent Matsueda said...

UPDATE: I've begun to use Limewire to handle my torrents for the time being. It's crude, but does the job.

Kent Matsueda said...

UPDATE: Transmission just came out with v.1.0 and so far it's been running without any problems!